- Leading lawyer in Tiruvannamalai
- District Government Pleader Member
- Past President of Rotary Club
- Founder President of Rangammal Memorial Rehabilitation Society RMRS
- Associated with RMRS as a Member, Director, and now extending his services as Secretary.
- A Specialist in Psychology.
- Leading lawyer in Tiruvannamalai.
- Working with the Government as a Child Counsellor.
- Leading Businessman and landlord in Tiruvannamalai
- He was the one who first introduced multiple supermarkets in Tiruvannamalai
- President of Panda Reddiyar Chathiram which runs Marriage Halls and an Old Age Home.
- Associated with the Lions Clubs for more than 30 years.
- District President of all trader’s unions
- Member and past President of Rotary Club of Tiruvannamalai
- Director of Vidhyalaya B.Ed.College
- Vice President of Indian Red Cross Association in Tiruvannamalai
- Past member and Past President of Rotary Club of Tiruvannamalai
- District Branch in charge of National Insurance Computer Ltd.
- Secretary of big Anjaneyar Temple in Tiruvannamalai
- Director of Vidhyalaya B.Ed.College
- Leading Photo Developing industry in Tiruvannamalai
- Director, Past President of Rotary Club of Tiruvannamalai
- Member of Parish Council at Ulaga Madha Church, Tiruvannamalai
Mr. P. John Rajkumar
- Civil Engineer – 4 decades of Professional experience in the corporate sector.
- Founder Secretary of Maithree
- Served on the Board of National Trust for about 3 years
- Associated with NIPMED Chennai has an advisory Board member. Dedicated his time to the Social cause of Persons with Intellectual
- and Developmental Disabilities (PwIDDs) and provided managerial expertise to other NGOs
Mrs. ChitraAmit Shah
- Chitra Shah is a social worker.
- She is the founding member and presently the director of Satya Special School.
Rangammal Memorial Hr.Sec.School for the Hearing Impaired (RMHSSHI)
RMHSSHI was established in 1991 with an objective to teach children with hearing impairment and hard of hearing to be able to communicate effectively by developing spoken language and listening skills. Children with mild to profound hearing losses are being trained through strong speech, language, and auditory training focusing on individual needs, and family concerns, and to be integrated into the mainstream society.
RMHSSHI is committed to serving the children by providing
Rangammal Memorial.School for the Intellectually Disabled (RMSID)
RMRS has a day school for people with intellectual disabilities. This school is dedicated to improving the lives of children, adolescents, and young adults with this special need based on their strengths. We help our students form strong relationships through individualized strength-based, passion-based learning and equip them with the tools to develop friendships and maximize their potential to be a part of their communities.
Our highly trained teachers see and nurture each child, which will help them attain their fullest potential. We encourage parents and caregivers to be a part of the student’s journey, so they are trained to care for them during off-school hours and help them with home-based programs. We are committed to focusing on the student’s happiness and success so they have a meaningful occupation. We lead them to have a shining future.
The school provides various training like
Functional training: dressing, grooming, Home skills, cutting vegetables, self-feeding skills, fine motor skills, gross motor skills, and toileting
Functional Academics: reading, writing, money concepts, time concepts, communication, number concepts, leisure time activities (imaginary play),
Therapeutics: Hydro Therapy, PT, OT, speech.
Co-curricular Activities: Music, dance, yoga, art, craft, story time, rhymes, physical exercise routine, indoor and outdoor playtime. We also conduct brain gym activities that involve thinking skills, problem-solving, physical balancing acts, concentration, and focus activities.
Early Intervention for Autism
Research shows that Early intervention for Autism has a long term positive effect on the symptoms and in skill developments. Early interventions not only give children the best start possible, but also the best chance of developing to their full potential. The sooner a child gets help, the greater the chance for learning and progress.Keeping this in mind, RMRS opened an Early intervention center for Autism as the first of this kind in 2019 in Thiruvanamalai.
We provide this program for children from ages 3-5. Our E arly intervention program is tailored to each child that allows them to progress at their own pace. Our trained teachers work individually with each child to reach their fullest potential.
Family support plays an important role in this program, having said that- we educate parents and care givers about techniques and strategies that are being used for the child’s development.
Florence Nightingale School of Nursing (FNSN)
Our nursing program aims to:
FNSN had an initial enrollment of 20 students which was enhanced to around 250 in 2022. The Institution has been recognized and is affiliated with the Directorate of Medical Education, Indian Nursing Council, and Tamil Nadu Nursing Council. About 70% of passed out students cleared the MRB (Medical Recruitment Board) and are working in various Primary Health Centers throughout Tamil Nadu. As of now about 230 students have successfully completed the nursing courses and have been placed in Private Reputed hospitals in and around Tiruvannamalai, Chennai, and Pondicherry.
The Sylvia Wright Trust
The Sylvia Wright Trust (SWT) is a registered charity that supports the work of Madam Sylvia Wright in the State of Tamil Nadu in India.
The Sylvia Wright Trust is based out of Leeds, U.K. SWT has 12 members who come from different backgrounds, skills, and faiths. All the staff in this organization work on an honorary basis. Its primary objective is to raise funds for projects in India by keeping the expenses to a minimum. The objective is to save 97 pence out of every pound raised is sent to India.
For the last 38 years, the Trust has been supporting us with buildings, equipment, and daily expenses relating to the school for hearing impairment and the Day Centre for the Disabled.
The Nursing College is a self-financing unit in respect of running costs, but the Trust has been supporting us regarding building & equipment expenses.
Ramana Maharishi Rangammal Hospital
Awards and Recognitions
Come Visit Us
Tiruvannamalai has situated 196 km (122 mi) from the state capital Chennai and 210 km (130 mi) from Bangalore. This is a well-known city in Tamil Nadu and has very good connectivity of roadways, and railways with most of the important places. It is also a popular getaway to the Megacities of Chennai and Bengaluru. It is also considered to be a city with a balanced hub for spiritual, economical, and cultural activities.
Trading, commercial and services are the major contributors to the economy of the city. The service sector industry includes retail, resorts, and recreation activities. Apart from the service sector, the city is also the hub for many industrial setups including Industrial Estates, spinning mills, and premier educational institutions.
The history of Tiruvannamalai revolves around the Annamalaiyar Temple. The recorded history of the city dates back to the ninth century. The most interesting parts of this city are Annamalai Temple (One of the largest temples in India-25 acres), Annamalai Hill (2671 ft high), Girivalam, and The Karthigai Deepam festival.
Thiruvannamalai municipal district has a town named Arni which consists of a large community of silk weavers. Arni is India’s largest silk apparel producer and is the number one revenue-generating town in the district.
Thiruvannamalai is considered one of the top places to visit in Tamil Nadu, India.